cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bayardmm
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Poor customer service

As a result of my broadband seeming a bit sluggish I used MyBT to check my speed. After running a whole gamut of tests the conclusion is that my exchange to hub service is being compromised by BT landline equipment within my home. The suggested solution is for me to arrange an engineer to attend, at my expense, to solve the problem. I have been quoted a cost of £129. I’m a bit miffed about this, as the relevant equipment has only ever been touched by BT engineers. I’ll probably just carry on with my sluggish service, but it makes a bit of a mockery of my Whole Wi-fi package.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor customer service

Hi @bayardmm we do offer an Engineer Home Improvement Service, but the charge is £85 and only applies if we send out an engineer to fix a fault or make an improvement, but it's free of charge if the problem is with our network outside the boundary of your premises.

More information is available here: Engineer Home Improvement Service charges

Could you give us a bit more detail on what problems you're having with your service?

0 Ratings
bayardmm
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Using the MyBT site I initiated the speed checks. I followed all of the instructions, rebooting the hub, unplugging any devices from the landline, removing the front of my master socket to find no signal on the test line. Eventually it was reported that a fault existed somewhere within my fixed BT equipment and suggested that an engineer be requested at my expense.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

If you connect a corded phone to test socket do you get a dial tone?  If so dial 17070 option 2 should be silent. 

If no dial tone or you have dial tone but you hear line noise then report a phone fault to 151. I would not expect you to be charged if problem at test socket as that eliminates your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings