Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Poor wifi signal

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

So you have FTTC - fibre to the street cabinet and then the normal copper phone line to your home - hence using the master socket for broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Thanks for explaining that for me. Bit of a dunce when it cones to this sort of stuff. Still don't understand why  , using the same hub before and after they laid and connected us to  the fibre optic  cable  , there has been such a marked deterioration in wifi signal strength outside of the house. Any suggestions how I rectify that, guys?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

As @Keith_Beddoe  posted already it is the hub that controls the wifi and the strength of your wifi signal regardless of connection type.  Have you checked using a wifi analyser on your mobile for the networks round about you and then selected channels that are less congested or where your signal is stronger than the neighbours

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

I also noticed a significant drop in Wi-fi range when I upgraded from FTTC and 22mb to FTTP and 500mb.

So how come I a got inferior Wi-fi but much faster and more reliable broadband?

It is down to the supplied modem/router/wireless access point.

The BT Smarthub 2 is not a very good performer when it comes to Wi-fi imho.

0 Ratings