cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Port Forwarding RTSP from IP cameras - Smart Hub 2 - Whole Home Wifi

Go to solution

I have the following rules set up and have used this successfully with my Smart Hub 1 before this upgrade. With my new Smart Hub 2 the port 8800 rule to the camera application on a windows laptop works well without issue. The other non uPNP rules work well, but oddly, stop working after a variable period of time, usually about a day. They all stop simultaneously. The problem is solved by a router restart.

I have tried turning uPNP off and changing the external port numbers. Does anyone have any suggestions?Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Port Forwarding RTSP from IP cameras - Smart Hub 2 - Whole Home Wifi

Go to solution

A few possibilities.

First of all, have you turned of Smart Setup What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? | BT Help

If you still have problems, you could try

Despite the fact that it's a new router, I would do a factory reset and start with a clean slate. You can backup your configuration beforehand and restore it afterwards, just remember to turn off Smart Setup when it restarts

I can't say I've ever tried allocating the same internal port (554) to four devices simultaneously, you could try changing each of them to match the external ports 20554 -> 20554 etc.

Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for that. I'll try turning Smart Setup off and see how that goes.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

You could try increasing the DHCP lease time to 21 days to see if the problem only occurs on lease renewal. Or preferably,  try giving the devices static IP addresses outside of the DHCP range of the hub on the devices themselves rather than using address reservation on the hub.

Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks. I'll put these ideas on the list to try out. I'll let you know how it goes.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
So far, turning off Smart Setup seems to have done the trick. Thanks very much!
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
I didn't know of these options, so I'm grateful to you for pointing them out. They will help for future troubleshooting. Thanks!!

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks again. This seems to have done the trick. Have you got any idea why Smart Setup would be interfering with existing, manually input port forwarding rules?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

I'm not sure but I get the impression that it's more a case of hi-jacking the attempted network connection than having any influence on the port forwarding rule

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

As I suspected, 

"Do I have to complete Smart Setup every time I connect a new device to my Hub?

It's best that you complete Smart Setup to ensure that you get the most out of your BT Broadband features and services.

If you want to exit, you'll need to do this on the login step of Smart Setup. You can't exit the first few steps. This is so you can learn about some of the most important features of your BT Broadband package.

Once you reach the login step, you can select "Start Browsing" in the top right hand corner and this will release you from Smart Setup on the device you're using."

See the 'More Help With Smart Setup' link at 

What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? | BT Help