cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: Port Forwarding

Hi Les thank you for the information, I'am still learning, I had a feeling the number 80 wouldn't open but I tried it, no success. Is there anyway I can find the port number? I can't find anything on the monitor/hub or in the specification leaflet.  I.ll ask my son to see if he can have a look at the system.

Thanks again 

Ray

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 31

I had a look at the online documentation for your system but couldn't find any information regarding the ports used.

I'm wondering if port forwarding is a red herring and isn't required anyway as you said the system was previously working. Presumably nothing in your setup had changed so either the correct port forwarding was already in place or it wasn't required.

Port forwarding is only needed for unsolicited incoming connections to your devices, not outgoing. I don't have any cameras but I believe some systems upload to the manufacturers servers/website and the app just accesses that rather than accessing the camera directly.

One piece of information I did spot in the online manual was that external access wasn't possible at the same time as the cameras being viewed on your console.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 31

Hi thank you for your reply, yes I did read about if the user is on the monitor it locks out internet for a short time but then it should resume connection which it use to work fine, but as you say I think the manufacturers have stopped supporting the system and I was try to get the system working myself.

Thanks again for the info.

Ray

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 31

What Les (not me) was suggesting was that perhaps the manufacturer had stopped supporting a free DDNS service. That would have required port forwarding to have been configured on the hub to work.

A slight variation of that theme  is it might be that they supported a free service such as the one I described in my previous post that has now stopped working.

If the hub didn't have any port forwarding configured before things stopped working, it won't need port forwarding now.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 31

Hi thanks for the info, I have now registered with NoIP and set up a DDNS it is still asking for the port number but I don't know the number, nothing in the leaflet and the manufacture is in Tialand, anybody know how the get the correct port forwarding number.

LuxHome CCTV LHK110EK

By most grateful

Ray hewitt

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 31

Ok, to verify that port forwarding is required to see the camera externally you can put the camera in the DMZ. Only do this temporarily as it effectively forwards all ports to the device, i.e you don't need to know the port number. If that works, we can then think about trying to find the correct port number. If it doesn't work, port forwarding isn't the solution.

To put your camera in the DMZ, go to Advanced settings > Firewall > Configuration Change the DMZ button to On, select your camera in the device list and save the changes.

Once you have carried out the test, turn the DMZ off again.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 31

Hi, tried the DMZ in the ON position but no joy? ( reset now to OFF) Ray 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 31

Ok, the problem isn't port forwarding then.

As suggested previously, it could be the  app accesses the manufacturers server to retrieve the images the camera records and the subscription has expired. I really think you need to speak to the camera manufacturer.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 31

@rayhewitt 

The port number is a must have if the device isn't in the DMZ. 

I don't know this particular system but I'm guessing that the control panel has a built in web server  which you will be able to access by typing the IP address (of the control unit) into a browser, you should be able to find the port number in the network settings section in there

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 31

@Les-Gibson if it doesn't work in the DMZ its not a port forwarding problem and an open port is not needed.

0 Ratings