cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 31

Re: Port Forwarding

Hi thank you for all your advice, I have now set up a DDNSin NoIP service, I have now opened a port and checked it is open on my computer router, I still cannot us WAN to view my Luxhome CCTV system on my phone App, (only LAN) which works great. I confused if I now have a free IP Address how can I link it to my phone App. I can't change the IP address on the Luxhome Hub/ monitor as it just returns to the default IP Address when I close and reopen.

I am sure the manufactures have closed the APP IP link because when I enter it into my browser an ERROR message appears.

Is there any way I can get around the manufactures block?

Cheers Ray Hewitt

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 31

Can you please answer these simple questions.

When you originally set the cameras up did you configure port forwarding on the hub?

Are you still using the same hub that you used when you originally set up the cameras?

Did the cameras suddenly stop working from remote access for no apparent reason or did you change something (such as the hub)?

Message 23 of 31

@rayhewittwrote:

Hi thank you for all your advice, I have now set up a DDNSin NoIP service, I have now opened a port and checked it is open on my computer router, I still cannot us WAN to view my Luxhome CCTV system on my phone App, (only LAN) which works great.

Two things here.

1. Just for clarity, can you please explain what you mean by "I still cannot us WAN to view my Luxhome CCTV system", I assume you mean you cannot view the camera using your public IP address. If possible, post the command line that you're using but not the IP address or DDNS address, for example rtsp://xxxxx.xxxxx.xx:{port number}/{stream id} 

2. Does the app that you're using require you to select the correct protocol to view? i.e rtsp, jpeg, mjpeg,http etc and if so have you selected the correct one

I confused if I now have a free IP Address how can I link it to my phone App. I can't change the IP address on the Luxhome Hub/ monitor as it just returns to the default IP Address when I close and reopen. You don't need to, the hub recognises No_IP as a DDNS provider and you can make the association to  all of your devices and your DDNS account there.

I am sure the manufactures have closed the APP IP link because when I enter it into my browser an ERROR message appears.  That would support my earlier theory that the manufacturers have revoked you access to their DDNS service

Is there any way I can get around the manufactures block?. Yes, uncheck any reference to the manufacturers DDNS service within the camera or control unit settings (possibly a tick box alongside a phrase such as "Enable DDNS")

Cheers Ray Hewitt

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 31

Hi thanks again, when I purchased the system  Hub / monitor and four cameras I simple linked it to my phone APP ( Luxhome) entered the product number and run the system  great for three years, I haven't change the HUB /Monitor since, the app still works locally LAN but won't work externally WAN.

I know the manufacturers have withdrew the system now for a new version but it doesn't have the lights or other add on's the old system had, the manufactures don't want to help. 

I think they have stopped supporting the APP on the phone system which connects to the WAN internet?

Ray Hewitt

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 31

Right, so if you didn't set up port forwarding and a DDNS service then, why did you think you need to now.

Yes, it sounds very much as though the manufacturer has stopped supporting remote access. Which is what I suggested several days ago.

Message 26 of 31

As I said earlier, I'm not familiar with this particular system but I'm starting to think that it could be cloudbased, this could explain why it worked before without any port forwarding rule and, if you're saying that that the manufacturer no longer supports it, why you can't view it away from home now.

Does it record and if so do you still have access to the recordings or have you lost that facility as well?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 31

As suggested in message 12

Message 28 of 31

Hi Les thanks again, The system works everything as it always has except when I leave our house (LAN) the phone will not connect to the system, nothing else has change ie Hub / Monitor, cameras, router, etc 

I think the manufacturer has close the APP access to the external internet WAN?

That,s what I am trying to get around somehow?

The system is a standard plug and play

Ray Hewitt

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 31

I don't know if you can get around it. My cameras are fully customizeable and I use port forwarding to view them on my mobile when away from home using the rtsp command line I mentioned earlier but I'm from a technical background so that's easy for me.

I see @licquorice has found the manual online, perhaps he could advise if the settings you need access to in order to view yours in the same manner are customiseable on your system ? 

There is a very good app on Google Play called Tiny Cam Pro which you can download onto an Android phone which searches your network and can automatically add add any cameras it finds to the view list but I don't know if there is an equivalant on the Apple Play Store

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 31

@Les-Gibson I found nothing useful in the manual.

0 Ratings