cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leestoke
Message 1 of 6

Port forward port not open

Hi. I need to set up port forward port 10001 on my bt hub 6. Although I’ve set and saved the rules the port still shows as closed when checked on port checker. Does anyone have any advise to offer on this? Many thanks
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Leestoke
Message 2 of 6

Re: Port forward port not open

Also forgot to mention that the device is set to a static ip 192.168.1.77 incase this makes a difference. Upnp on or off makes no difference.
0 Ratings
MarkySparky
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Im having issues with port forwarding also. Can you tell me what version of firmware you have?

Mine is SG4B1000B540 and my QNAP NAS should be setting all the port forwarding rules automatically through UPnP, but my hub does not appear to be setting them all up when requested to.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MrGee
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I have a similar problem. I am trying to host a server for Open TTD on my Galaxy Tab. Port Forwarding rule set, but Open Port Checker says ports are closed. Is there a bug?
0 Ratings
MarkySparky
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

I ended up replacing my broadband router with a different manufacturers model.

I know this isnt the news you'd like to hear, but BT were useless when it came to troubleshooting this.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@MarkySparky wrote:

Hi,

I ended up replacing my broadband router with a different manufacturers model.

I know this isnt the news you'd like to hear, but BT were useless when it came to troubleshooting this.

Thanks,

Mark

Its a problem with all of the home hubs. I have no issues at all with my TP Link router (£35).

0 Ratings