cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Port forwarding black ops 2 pc

yes another post.. ive read like all the posts, none of the things seem to help or solve any issues at all..

i have bt home hub 2, black ops 2, cant join my friends, ive gone into router, ive disabled the firewall completely and still my nat type is set to strict, i cant port forward cuz i have like 15 different devices and i dont know which is my computer, ive even renamed my computer but that still didnt work. ive tried port forwarding for steam apps, call of duty, to the most likely devices being my computer, but that has also still failed. disabling firewall should surely sort this problem out?

looking forward to getting links that dont help, but any actual help is appreciated. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Port forwarding black ops 2 pc

@James wrote:

i i cant port forward cuz i have like 15 different devices and i dont know which is my computer, ive even renamed my computer but that still didnt work.

You need to give each of your devices a static IP address, then port forward to the IP address, not the device name.

Here are a couple of links that should help.

Port forwarding problems

Using static IP addresses on your home network

0 Ratings
James
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

thanks for the info, ive given myself a static ip address, but now i dont know what device/ip name to choose in the bt home home settings for my computer, how do i find out which is my computer? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

@James wrote:

thanks for the info, ive given myself a static ip address, but now i dont know what device/ip name to choose in the bt home home settings for my computer, how do i find out which is my computer? 

Do not select the device name, select its IP address as shown in the example here, which was for a VPN, and is part of the worked example on my port forwarding page that I gave you a link to.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/networking/vpnimages/define1.JPG

If you have used 192.168.1.50 for your computer, then that is the one to select.

There is also more information on this page.

NAT Problems on games consoles and computers

0 Ratings
James
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

thanks again, i managed to type in my static ip i setup, but my NAT type is still strict,, i added steam applications and call of duty (although im sure thats for call of duty 1) i turned on UPnP, dont know if this should still be on or off, i even turned my firewall off completely and my NAT type was still strict and i cant join anyone on my friends list. =/

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

My instructions advise that you turn UPnP off, if you are manually forwarding ports, otherwise you will get a conflict.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi, it's took me a week to figure this out!

1. Go to your BT hub manager and open it.

2. Click settings and then login.

3. Click advanced settings and then click continue to advanced setting.

4. Click port forwarding and then supported applications.

5. Then click Add new game or application.

6. Name it Black Ops 2 (or whatever you like just aslong as you know it's black ops 2) and then select no for the copy existing game/application.

7. Set the protocol to UDP and enter 3074 in the port range and translate to boxes and click add.

8. Set the protocol to TCP and enter 3074 in the port range and translate to boxes and click add.

9. Click apply.

10. Next click configuration.

11. From the game or application droplist select black ops 2 (or whatever you named it).

12. From the devices droplist select your computer and then click add.

13. From the game or application droplist select Steam Games.

14. From the devices droplist select your computer and then click add and click apply.

Now run black ops 2 and your NAT should be open.

Hope this helped.

Thanks Paul

0 Ratings
James
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Hi paul, ive tried what you said but im still on strict.. i might have done it wrong though , but i ddint follow your instructions to the letter.

i think im just gona have to get rid of the homehub as it isnt a problem with the game since veryone else i know can join their mates, turning the firewall off doesnt change it either wtf is that all about?? :S

0 Ratings
MaximusDoom
Message 9 of 11

Nice one Paul, worked spot on for me buddy. Followed instructions to T on BT Home Hub 4. I now have fully open NAT.

Thank you Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
MaximusDoom
Message 10 of 11

All I can suggest James is try disabling your Anti Virus/Firewall temporarily as I had Kaspersky 2013 & I had to go into Firewall setting & tell it Steam was trusted! Hope that helps
0 Ratings