Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dantekek
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Port forwarding is not working - Home Hub 5

Go to solution

Hello

I have been trying to forward some ports for the game 'Planetside 2' and have created the following ports to be opened appropriately:

I have set these ports to be opened on my device and specified the device LAN IP to be connected however every single port checker I use claims that all of these ports are closed on my end despite this. I have searched and searched for a solution but to no avail and I'm reaching my limit.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Port forwarding is not working - Home Hub 5

Go to solution

First of all remove the space in the application name, as that can make it invalid.

Second, check for IP sharing. This is described at the top of this page.

Port forwarding problems

The rest of that page gives a guide on port forwarding.

0 Ratings
dantekek
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you for the reply

I have removed the space, disabled UPnP and see no evidence of IP sharing however the problem is still persistent with only port 80 being opened once the space in the name was removed whilst the rest are still closed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I would suggest you do the following, in order, as the config may  be corrupted.

Factory reset home hub

disable uPnP

Create application as before (with no space in name)

Assign application to static IP address of the device that the game is running on. If its a PC, then you can configure the network settings so it has a static IP outside of the DHCP range.

See http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/networking/staticip.html

Assign the application to the IP address of the device by using the "user defined" option on the dropdown list, which allows you to enter an IP address.

Also remember, the port will not be open unless the game is running, and the web based port testers will not normally be able to test UDP. You would have to run an program like Microsoft portquery, on a remote computer.

If that fails, you may have to create a number of applications, each one with one of the port ranges required, then assign each one to the device.

0 Ratings
pymwymi
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Struggled with the same problem on a Hub5 after it worked for a week.

Solution was to use the device IP address in the Port Forwarding rule, instead od the device name.

0 Ratings