cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Port forwarding - port 25050

I have a Vaillant vSMART thermostat that, until last night seemed to be working fine. It now says (via an app) that it can't connect to the server. In all honesty I have no idea where or what it actually connects to but, in simple terms, I don't think it's actually that 'smart' anymore!

I have a SH2 and according to the instructions, the thermostat connects through port 25050 and it appears that it's closed. I've tried setting up a rule - see below -

mispeltyuoth_0-1610662013481.png

but it still won't connect and port checkers show it is closed. I've checked using various IP addresses, e.g., my laptop, my phone, the vSmart but they all show it is closed.

Am I doing something wrong?

More to the point, though, if it was working OK before why would the port suddenly close?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: Port forwarding - port 25050

Your port port forwarding rule looks OK.

More likely the Vaillant hub has lost contact with the BT hub, power it down for a few seconds and then back up.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi V_Meldrew

I did try all the switching off/on, disconnect/re-connect, resetting palaver before I tried the port forwarding option.

Anyway, the morning after I posted my original query, the thermostat, etc. was all back to normal. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Batteries need changing perhaps?

0 Ratings