cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 127

Re: Port forwarding.

@Jaysnp101 

When you say "I have already set up static ip address on playstion for it" is that set on the Playstation manually or is it assigned by DHCP?

In my son's case he had assigned the device - a NAS - manually outside of the DHCP range using 192.168.1.12. He then set up port forwarding rules for ...12 . At this point all ports were still closed. Having got that IP address for his device in the SH2 he then set it to "always use this IP address" and saved it. He then changed the NAS to use DHCP and found all the ports open. Not sure if the the last step actually did anything though.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 127

@TimCurtis 

This seems like a very weird way of doing things but guess it must have triggered something to make it work.

I let the playstation get an ip from the dhcp, 192.168.1.186 I then applied the "always use this ip address" on the router, added the port forwarding rules. Checked them: still closed.

Set up static ip address on playstion using ...,...,...,186 and checked the ports again ...... still closed.

Maybe I'll try your method above and see where it gets me. Hopefully I'll get them open through more luck than anything as looks like SH2 has some hidden issues.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 127

@Jaysnp101 

I think you may need to make it outside of the DHCP range (192.168.1.64 ? to 192.168.1.253) for some strange reason. I know on my Asus I give my devices ip addresses outside of DHCP , that being the Asus recommendation.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 127

The method that you said worked for you above I will try but use an ip outside the dhcp range. Did you reset the router at any point for the effects to take cause. Thanks again 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 127

@Jaysnp101 

No I don't think so but in your case that might be a good idea to get rid of the now unused ip address entries.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 127

Literally nothing is working, I can't understand what I'm doing wrong. 

I really need this sorted, every single port I check is either blocked or closed no matter what I'm running.

Can someone please get this sorted for me as its beyond a joke now.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 127

@Jaysnp101 

I don't have access to an SH2 and I've explained exactly the steps my son & I went through - over a Facetime call - that resolved it successfully.

Hopefully someone else can jump in to help as I've exhausted my limited knowledge on this.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 127

@TimCurtis 

Honestly thank you for trying its just really frustrating.

Surely this shouldn't be so hard to do , could the router be at fault? Although I have tried a few others. 

Hopefully someone will come to my rescue haha.

Thanks again 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 127

The only other solution I can think of is that my router is faulty , can someone please help.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 127

Ok, after another day of speaking to bt help trying to resolve this issue they have told me they have placed me on a "super stable profile"

I'm guessing this is some kind of interleaving but if anyone else might know then please let me know.

I've also dug out my TP link w9970 router, is there any ideal setting for this to help.get port forwarding to work. Might seem like a stupid question but didn't realise you needed a networking degree to get the SH2 to work 

Thanks 

0 Ratings