cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 127

Re: Port forwarding.

I'm not a gamer or use a SH2, but I had a port forward issue recently and it was caused by upnp being on and another server had taken ports. I disabled upnp and forwarded manually and all was OK. Worth a try.

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 127

Thanks for the help @pxr5 , I already have upnp disabled although I have tried it with and without.

I was thinking maybe the ports are already being used by another application but is that even possible. 

I do have some wireless cctv cameras set up that possibly use GVCP protocol if anyones aware of this? 

I also am aware that several gaming developers have started using this protocol recently due to how easy it is to adapt. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 73 of 127

Once again the standard disclaimer, I'm not a gamer......... (AKA get out of jail free card).

A couple of websites that may be of use to you

4. Forwarding ports, or opening ports, in your router points all traffic coming in on certain ports to a specific internal IP address. To get a connection with NAT Type 2, you will want to forward the following ports to the IP address of your PS4:

TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480
UDP: 3478-3479"

https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/#:~:text=Forwarding%20ports%2C%20or%20opening%20por...

And

"Are you experiencing PS4 network problems? Here is a quick guide on how to change your PS4 NAT type and fix common errors."

https://www.denofgeek.com/games/how-to-change-nat-type-on-ps4/

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 127

@Jaysnp101 

You stated a few posts ago that it was wired , is that direct , through a switch(s) or over Powerline adapters.

Also running a test against speedtest.net what speeds and ping do you get?

And finally what other bandwith using devices might be connected?

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 127

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the links you sent, ill try opening the list of ports tonight that are specific to the playstation to see if that helps but I think I have done so before. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the best NAT you can get is type 2 (moderate) when using a bt smart hub as its router/modem combo. Only way I can get nat type 1 is put another router i have into bridge mode and connect through pppoe.

@TimCurtis 

I connect straight into router from playstation using ethernet.

Ill check stats tonight but usually 73/18 with ping about 20ms so ok i think.

Not really any other huge bandwidth users to be honest, occasionally netflix but I try to play when other half goes to bed. I did mention I had the cctv cameras but they work on motion detection so idle most of the time. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 76 of 127

@Jaysnp101wrote:

@Anonymous 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the best NAT you can get is type 2 (moderate) when using a bt smart hub as its router/modem combo. Only way I can get nat type 1 is put another router i have into bridge mode and connect through pppoe.

I wish I could advise on that but you probably know more on the subject than I do, it does sound reasonable though.

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 127

Giving up with this banter Internet, everyone else enjoying their Friday evening and I'm off to lag/delay city.

Says I've got 20ms ping, feels like 700ms

Message 78 of 127

@Jaysnp101 

I'm in much the same position as @Anonymous  here I'm afraid.

One thing you could try perhaps is picking up a TP-Link 9970 modem/router for around £35 and trying that ,maybe that'll give a clue as to where the problem might be.

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 127

Hi @TimCurtis I have already got this router, I've just set it up so is there any settings you could suggest using or leaving alone. I've done a factory reset on it so gonna set up port forwarding first.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 80 of 127

No luck with the NAT type?

0 Ratings