cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Position of master socket- sound proofed room

Go to solution

Hi, we live in a solid 4 storey Georgian terrace. Our internet is terrible. Sometimes only 2mbps. We have had an engineer out several times, it doesn’t seem to make a difference. The master socket is placed in the downstairs dining room which the previous owner seems to have attempted to sound proof?? The door is v thick, the walls are all hollow to tap so presume he has put some kind of sound proof membrane between, although I am guessing. If we got open reach out do you think it could make any difference to the signal if we relocate the master socket to the middle of the house? It is a case of selling up and moving if no hope as we are a family of 5, 2 teen gamers. We can’t even watch a tv programme to the end without it dropping. I know this isn’t a sky forum but also wondered if it would free up internet if we got a basic tv package from sky through a dish??? As you can see we are pretty clueless but desperate and not getting anywhere with BT and open reach so searching for answers ourselves. Thank you 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Position of master socket- sound proofed room

Go to solution

@Emmap 

Are you a BT Broadband customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Hi yes. We are BT Business as it runs through my partners firm. We have tried to change to residential but they couldn’t do it
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

This is a residential forum for business you need to post here.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Sorry, thank you
0 Ratings