cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Possible to 'privilege' or prioritise one device over others?

So I recently invested in a range of HD music streaming services which stream via a streamer connected over ethernet. However with one service - Qobuz - I am hitting issues with tracks skipping. I am problem solving at the moment and one issue I would like to explore is whether there is a bottlenecking going on because my boys are home watching internet TV/YT playing multiplayer games etc online. So I was wondering if there is any way of privileging a device so that it gets a certain amount of guaranteed bandwidth in situations when a lot of other devices are using the internet? or is that not possible at all ? I know BTW that you can split up into two frequencies and I have done that but in any case as I said, my streamer is hard-wired via ethernet. My router is the 2nd latest one - i.e. not the newest kind of smart hub but the one before that - the rectangular one

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Possible to 'privilege' or prioritise one device over others?

none of the BT hubs have ability to prioritise - QoS  you would need to purchase a 3rd party modem/router or just router if you are on FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings