cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Potential Mismatch ?

Go to solution

Hi there.
I recently contracted for 24-months BT Fibre 2 Broadband & Landline.
I was informed that the nature of the contract, a simple repackage, precluded me from receiving a Smart Hub 2.
I have a HH3B.
Query.
My laptop supports Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 cable speeds; but does the HH3B run Gigabit Lan speeds ?

Of the F2 80Mbs; I poll 73Mbs FTTC RJ 45. 63Mbs WiFi.
So, 10.100.1000Mbs are a tad academic.
Hopefully, not 10Mbs.
Any input appreciated !

AENSSC-190-0.2x32.gif

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Potential Mismatch ?

Go to solution

this should help

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-the-ports-on-your-bt-hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I've read all the info.
So, I've the potential to send to the router, at a far greater speed, than the router will send to the computer.
OK, I do appreciate that a chain is as strong as it's weakest link. So, the sync will be the lower speed.

It's just a shame, I'm paying rental for the latest tech: while, at one and the same time, not supplied with the latest tech.AENSSC-172-0.2x32.gif

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONER wrote:

I've read all the info.
So, I've the potential to send to the router, at a far greater speed, than the router will send to the computer.

Err, no, the router can send to the computer at the same speed you can send to it.

OK, I do appreciate that a chain is as strong as it's weakest link. So, the sync will be the lower speed.

If connecting to the internet, yes. If connecting to another device on your LAN then it will be the speed of the slowest device.

It's just a shame, I'm paying rental for the latest tech: while, at one and the same time, not supplied with the latest tech.

So, because you have a car capable of 150MPH you think that all the roads should be capable of 150MPH.

AENSSC-172-0.2x32.gif

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Data transmission. Did it for long enough.

Just imagined somewhere along the way, I'd end up paying for the latest kit, and using it.

Dopey-Wave-R-250-0.05xInf.gif

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:

Just imagined somewhere along the way, I'd end up paying for the latest kit, and using it.

BT have a habit of offering free upgrades for equipment periodically, when the next one comes along I'll try and make a mental note to come back to this thread, keep checking MyBT as well.
The old HH3 and the HH5 were great little hubs, I have the Smart Hub 1 now and it's the same but everyones needs and properties vary, for me if it's not broke don't fix it.

One other option is see what Complete Wi-Fi as an upgrade would cost, the discs only support the Smart Hub 2 so it's included by default with a one-off £9.99 postage fee.

0 Ratings