Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 32

Re: Potentially Blocked site

Go to solution

@unwinawrote:

Did we get anywhere with this i still cannot see this site on any of my devices unless i use my toy (phone) access via o2 mobile connection. Not really viable option though. I'm not using web protect as far as i know.

I too still can't access it. I'm not sure if my IP was the same as a couple of weeks back, but I might give google dns a try ...

Edit: changed to google DNS in my wifi adapter settings, and can access guitar.com fine - changed back and access not available.

For info, the DNS set in my router show 81.139.57.100 and 81.139.56.100

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 32

Go to solution

That website is also accessible on BT Mobile data connection, on the iPhone.

Perhaps, then, the google dns servers may provide access, over wi-fi as suggested.

Edit : posts crossed, but gives an alternative.

Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 32

Go to solution

@unwinawrote:

Did we get anywhere with this i still cannot see this site on any of my devices unless i use my toy (phone) access via o2 mobile connection. Not really viable option though. I'm not using web protect as far as i know.

I can get it using Chrome but not Edge.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 32

Go to solution

Only way I can get it is to switch DNS servers from BT - I used cloudfare servers 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 and its working now. that gets my main workhorse working for now. I can licve with the tables and phone toys not working to it.

seems ok

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 32

Go to solution

@unwina I'm sorry that site's not working for you, we'll chase this up again today.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 32

Go to solution
Thanks @NeilO Let me know when its back up and I can stop using the external DNS service.
0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 32

Go to solution

did this get fixed yet @NeilO 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 32

Go to solution

@unwinawrote:

did this get fixed yet @NeilO 

It's certainly not fixed.

It makes you wonder whether it's actually on a "naughty boy blacklist" of some sort.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 19 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @unwina,

Thanks for the post and I am sorry you are still unable to access this specific website.

I have spoken to our tech team who are investigating this issue and they have explained the issue to me.  I wont lie a lot of this is above my technical expertise so bear with me

It looks like guitar.com is hosted on Amazon servers.  The possible reason our BT DNS don’t recognise guitar.com is because the owning company that looks after the site guitar.com, has not provided the IP address to our DNS servers. It is the responsibility of company looking after guitar.com to ensure the sites IP address has been implemented across all DNS servers.   

Where it gets confusing and what we don't yet understand is why are some BT broadband customers able to access this site with no issues and yourself and @Andy_N  cannot access Guitar.com.  Surely if some BT customers can access the site it would mean that we have the correct info in our DNS. 

To help us further, would it be possible that you could run a traceroute to guitar.com and post the results.  Our tech team has requested this as they believe this will help get to the bottom of the issue.

I appreciate your continued patience while we try and work this out.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Carlusha
Contributor
Message 20 of 32

Go to solution

I too encountered all the problems mentioned above on my PC. I, therefore, tried a totally different approach.

I entered guitar.com into my new favourite search engine, duckduckgo.com. Same results.

I then fired up my Opera browser, opened a new tab for duckduckgo.com, entered guitar.com into the duck's search window. Guitar.com was the second item listed, clicked on that and we're off without any problem. However, Opera refused the site when entered directly.

So, yes, it seems google (and Chrome) or some settings in those browsers affect the responses.

Alternatively, for those on Windows PCs, running the Edge browser, Guitar.com works instantly! Success also when running Firefox, worked straightaway.

0 Ratings