cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Powelink Adapters - Quick question

Hi, I am thinking of getting some powerlink adapters for a wifi issue I have but not sure if it will solve my issue. Would appreciate a bit of advice.  Here is the situation.

My house wifi has a wired ethernet cable from my router to  an outside shed. I configured an old BT router in the shed to use that as a WIFI extender to extend the signal to another outbuilding a little further up the garden. Unforunately the signal is still not that great.  So, I am now looking at powerlink adapters. The issue I have is that the electric source is on two different circuits (house on one circuit and the outbuildings on another). Does the power supply method work from the supply from the router only? If so it's not going to work. Any thoughts folks?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Powelink Adapters - Quick question

Are the 2 circuits on the same consumer unit? If so, there is a fair chance they will work. You won't know for sure until you try. Its not relevant which circuit the hub is plugged into, it is the circuit the powerline adapters are plugged into.

You could always extend the signal from the slave hub rather than the master hub if the slave is on the same mains circuit as the other outbuilding.

I.e Main hub-----slavehub----powerline-----powerline

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for reply - much appreciated.
Different consumer unit. But powerline adapters will be plugged into the same. I will give it a try. Any recommendations as to the best to use? Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Sorry, no recommendations, probably best to look at online reviews.

0 Ratings