Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gibsonlover
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Powerline Adapter Advice

Hello Everyone,

I am desperately trying to find out an answer to my question.

I have at home BT broadband (possibly infinity), however, I get very poor wifi reception in my bedroom at home. I use my Playstation 4 a lot so to combat this I have a Netgear powerline adapter. But recently I had the idea to see if BT offered any powerline adapters that I could wire to my PlayStation but at the same time boost my wifi signal. 

I've found this link on Amazon but I'm still unsure if this will provide me with both WI-fi and a wired connection at the same time.

BT 11ac Wi-Fi 1000 Home Hotspot Plus Extender, White **Edited**

please, could someone give me advice,

Thank you 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 7

Re: Powerline Adapter Advice

Hi @Gibsonlover

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post! 

I have moved your post to this board where it is more appropriate.  Others should be along to offer their advice/opinions shortly.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Gibsonlover
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thank you very much

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@Gibsonlover wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am desperately trying to find out an answer to my question.

I have at home BT broadband (possibly infinity), however, I get very poor wifi reception in my bedroom at home. I use my Playstation 4 a lot so to combat this I have a Netgear powerline adapter. But recently I had the idea to see if BT offered any powerline adapters that I could wire to my PlayStation but at the same time boost my wifi signal. 

I've found this link on Amazon but I'm still unsure if this will provide me with both WI-fi and a wired connection at the same time.

BT 11ac Wi-Fi 1000 Home Hotspot Plus Extender, White **Edited**

please, could someone give me advice,

Thank you 

That would be fine., however there are some cheaper options which would work just as well.

See https://www.shop.bt.com/mini-sites/connected-home/home-hotspots

0 Ratings
chadders1
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I use tp-link WiFi AV600 powerline adapters with an Xbox 1 , not sure of price but haven’t had any issues.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

There have been recent posts where people were having problems with the tplink power line adapter.  I know I was using them which worked fine with my hh5 but I lost download speed with hh6. Didn't have connection problem like some others

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Darren_B
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 7 of 7

Good morning Gibsonlover,

The BT 11ac Wi-Fi 1000 Home Hotspot Plus will indeed give you both an Ethernet (wired) and Wi-Fi connection.  

You will need to plug the Broadband Extender Flex 1000 (included in the kit) into a plug socket close to your Broadband Router and connect this to the Router via the Ethernet cable (provided).

You can then place the Hotspot Plus 1000 unit in any location you'd like (close to your PS4).  You are then free to connect your PS4 to the Hotspot using either Ethernet or Wi-Fi. 

The Hotspot also includes 2 Ethernet ports, so you could use the other port to connect other devices (PC, Laptop, STB, etc).  Addtionally, you can connect other wireless devices to the Hotspot which can help resolve and wireless deadspots you might have in your home.

Hope this help.

Darren B