Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m4matteo
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Powerline adapters and multi room

Go to solution

Hello All,

Currently I am with sky and looking to switch over to BT (with multi room) however I need to clear up a few things, maybe you can help?..

1. I currently use  a pair of TP-Link WPA8730 for my PC , will these be compatible with the  BT router and set top box? (instead of getting the BT adapaters). My plan would actually be to get a couple more of these as the TV boxes are not fed wireless like with Sky. 

2. As I can have only have one multi room box and  I plan on having a TV in a third room. If I have a smart TV I just need to connect it to the internet and I will be able to login to the appropriate BT subscription in apps right?  Netflick/NowTV etc.

Thanks for any help

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: Powerline adapters and multi room

Go to solution

1. Yes, just connect one of them to your router and set the two new ones to join the existing network.

2. You can only play 2 streams simultaneously, 3 if you purchase the NowTV TV Boost add-on.

Additionally, you can register 6 devices with NowTV (subject to the above), each box will count as one device and any device you use to access content using NowTV app will count as another. 

m4matteo
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

1. Excellent so I'll order some more of the power line adaptors I currently have.

2. So two rooms with the set top boxes in and a TV in another room with NowTV app on it would be fine then right?

Along with NowTV have 6 devices, I also see Netflix is 4 screens if I go premium, so all this could work.

Another question. Do I HAVE to have an aerial connection for normal terretrial channels? Surely I can watch this though catch up an on demand services if its a Smart TV connected to the internet?

Thanks for your help, cleared these concerns up

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

2. Correct

You will need an aerial to view terrestrial channels live but yes, you can use BBCiplayer, itv hub etc etc for catchup tv without an aerial

Edit:

Yes, Now TV, netflix etc will work as you say

0 Ratings
m4matteo
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Excellent, thank you for your help