Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Powerline issue since speed boost

Go to solution

In the past few days I've received my 'speed boost' upping my Infinity speeds to 63Mbps from 50Mbps. On the lower speed I was able to attain download speeds of roughly 45-48Mbps on my tv and BT Youview box downstairs via powerline adapters. Since the speed has increased my devices downstairs are only receiving 8.88Mbps via powerlines. I've done all the usual maintenance (reboots, resyncs etc) but to no avail. The connection rate on my adapters is still showing 392Mbit/s, same as before. I'm using Devolo 650+ adapters and wondering if I'd see any difference upgrading to something like the TP-Link 1200s. The only change in my entire system has been the higher speeds now being achieved on Infinity.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
dgw1
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Powerline issue since speed boost

Go to solution

Have you tried restarting your router with the powerline adapters turned off, and then switching the hub back on first, followed by the power adapters, and if that doesn't resolve things, possibly even a factory reset....

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I did all that earlier today to no effect.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

So this morning my router reset itself a couple of times and now the Powerlines are back working as before. My ip profile is now 55.07 so I reckon my line can't fully support the top speeds I was achieving.