Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diego
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Printer Network problem - Samsung CLP 300N to BT HomeHub 4

Hello all,

I am new to this BT Homehub 4.  I found it quite hard to use comparing to my previous Netgear router/switch (as it offered me more controls).

I have googled up and this forum for answers but no answer thus I create this post, hoping someone would kindly advise me on this issue.

My printer is Samsung CLP 300N.  It is wired, not wireless network.

I can't get BT HomeHub 4 to recognise it, nor my PC (Win XP) can't recognise it anymore.  My PC used to recognise it via Netgear router/switch without problem. 

I have tried to uninstall my printer and reinstall it but it made no different at all.  It is a bit frustrating for me at the moment.  I am thinking about getting rid of BT Homehub 4 and get suitable Netgear router in place of BT Homehub 4 but I still want to hear anyone expert from this forum to see if they could help me out or not.

Thank you very much for your advice/tip.

Kind regards,

Diego

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Printer Network problem - Samsung CLP 300N to BT HomeHub 4

Have you connected your printer to the Homehub 4 or is it connected to a PC and your other computers print through that?

See this link for the user manual

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200812/20081208113231046/Guide_EN.pdf

Para 7 is about connecting to a network.

It has proved difficult to connect to the USB on previous homehubs so I am not sure how easy it will work on the HH4.

If it doesn't work via the USB on the HH4 then it may be best to set it up on your PC and then let your other computers access it through the PC.

Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

this link may provide some suggestions
Diego
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

The solution was deleting all printer drivers within networked computers and reinstalling those using latest drivers from Samsung (my printer's manufacturer).  Windows' updates seem to be unreliable/useless in this case.

Ah well - thank you for your help, everyone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Glad you got it sorted. You are always best to use the manufacturers website for drivers for any of your devices. Windows drivers are usually out of date at best and often generic rather than specific to the device.