Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichDunn
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Printer to router connection

Go to solution

BT have just replaced my router with a Smart hub Halo 2. I cannot get it to connect with my printer, a Canon MG3650.

The previous router connected successfully with the printer. I've followed the procedures on the Canon website to pair the printer with the router but so far without success.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Printer to router connection

Go to solution

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RichDunn
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

I've turned Smart set up off and tried again but still no success

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

did you follow the connection guide?  did you delete the previous router SSID or like I do change the new hub SSID to that of previous hub and wifi password same as before and my wireless devices connect without a problem

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg3650_pri...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RichDunn
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Yes, I've followed the Canon connection guide (several times now).

The blue WIFI light on the printer flashes but the Power on light stays lit constantly.

How do I delete the old router SSID please?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

try restore factory setting which is shown in the link I posted and start from beginning

0 Ratings
RichDunn
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I've reset the hub and tried again. Still no joy. This has also restored the Smart set up status to "on" btw. 

All my other devices connect successfully to the new hub. Might it be a case of the printer being too old to work with the new hub? Or is there a limit to the number of devices which can be connected to the hub? We have two phones, one tablet, one smart TV and one Amazon Firestick currently connected.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

the restore to factory settings was for the printer not the hub  did you remember to turn off smart setup after hub reset

0 Ratings
RichDunn
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

I can't access the printer settings to restore factory settings - it won't connect to the router - which is where we started.

i've turned off Smart set up again.

will try again after lunch. Thanks for trying to assist so far.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Is there not a physical factory reset button on the printer itself.

Restoring Network Settings to Factory Default  If you need to reset your network settings back to factory default, for example if you change your access point, you can do so by following these instructions.  Please note that initialisation erases all network settings on the machine, so printing or scanning from a computer over the network will become impossible until the printer is re-configured with new network settings.  Step 1  1. Press and hold the [RESUME/CANCEL]  button until the ALARM lamp flashes 21 times.   Step 2  2. Release the [RESUME/CANCEL]  button.   The network settings have been reset back to factory default settings.  Please now refer to the Wi-Fi setup – (WPS and Standard Connection methods) for instructions on setting up your printer onto your Wi-Fi network.

0 Ratings