cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Printer

Hi, since I upgraded from a hub 5 to a smart hub 2 my HP printer thinks is offline. HP think it may be because the smart hub 2 is broadcasting 5g  and their printer is expecting 2.4. Everything else (including my old iphone 6s which I'm pretty sure does not accept 5g works fine from the new hub so I'm guessing that HP have it wrong and the smart hub is not broadcasting in 5g? Printer was printing but now has decided it wont until I connect it to the internet (that it is already connected to).

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Printer

Hi, I have HP printer and Smart Hub 2 working fine. When you upgraded did you re-set up the printer for the new hub? 

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

did you reset the printer after installing SH2?

you need to get printer to forget your HH5 SSID and then in printer setup find the new SSID of the SH2 and try and connect then enter the wifi password and see if that connects to hub

I avoid your problem by changing new hub SSID to that of previous hub and use same password and that way my wifi devices just connect when hub boots up

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Not initially but with the help of HP (talking at me down the phone) I've tried setting up proxy servers, disconnecting and reconnecting to the hub, returning the printer to factory settings, turning the printer on and of again etc. I'm not really sure how to re-set the printer other than to do the things I've just listed. Nothing else in my house (two TVs, several phones, laptops and phones)needed re-setting up (or if they did it was simply a case of searching for the new hub and putting in the new password) why is the printer so different? I have an old wired extender (now connected to the new hub) that seems to think its the old hub still and so both the old hub and the new appear as options and both seem to be happy to talk to my taptop & TV (with the old and new password) which is probably why not everything needed reconnecting. But my printer isn't happy talking to either of them (or it is but thinks it isn't). One thing HP could not explain is why my instant ink webpage agrees with my printer on how much of each colour ink i have left (which suggests to me the printer is connected to the internet but just thinks it isn't.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for the response. I'm not sure what a SSID but with the help of HP (talking at me down the phone) I've tried setting up proxy servers, disconnecting and reconnecting to the hub, returning the printer to factory settings, turning the printer on and of again etc. I'm not really sure how to re-set the printer other than to do the things I've just listed. Nothing else in my house (two TVs, several phones, laptops and phones)needed re-setting up (or if they did it was simply a case of searching for the new hub and putting in the new password) why is the printer so different? I have an old wired extender (now connected to the new hub) that seems to think its the old hub still and so both the old hub and the new appear as options and both seem to be happy to talk to my taptop & TV (with the old and new password) which is probably why not everything needed reconnecting. But my printer isn't happy talking to either of them (or it is but thinks it isn't). One thing HP could not explain is why my instant ink webpage agrees with my printer on how much of each colour ink i have left (which suggests to me the printer is connected to the internet but just thinks it isn't.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I had trouble with my HP printer. I had to connect by ethernet first which then let me make a new Wi-Fi connection.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

After Smart Hub 2 was installed, my Windows PC failed to connect to my HP wireless printer, despite my spending hours over the various solutions. My iPad, and my wife's Mac, had no problem.

I today bought an Epson ET-2756. During the wifi set up it warned me of a problem, but then allowed me to proceed after I turned off 5GHz on the BT Hub, where I also turned off Smart Setup.

I have turned 5GHz back on.
The Epson printer is working well for all devices. 

0 Ratings