Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Problem maintaining wifi connection to iOS devices

Go to solution

Hi,

I have a Hub5. For the last few days I've noticed that my iphone and ipad keep losing their wifi connections. Have tried restarting the hub and have also done a factory reset of the hub, all to no avail. 

My iPhone 6 is eating my data allowance because it keeps losing the wifi and using 4G instead!

Other wifi devices such as TV and printer seem to be OK ... although, unlike the phone they are not always on, so there could possibly be an issue there too that I've just not spotted so far.

There are no new devices in the house and nothing to do with the network has been changed.

Can anyone please suggest why this might be happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Sue

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problem maintaining wifi connection to iOS devices

Go to solution
Hang on, I've just discovered that the 'auto-join' button in the phone wifi settings was turned off ... Apple have a habit of altering settings with new s/w releases, so maybe that happened with a recent update??

Anyway, I've turned it back on and will now wait to see if that was causing the problem.

Will post an update here later today or tomorrow!
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

when you did reset did you remember to turn off smart setup and split the 2.4/5ghz networks on the hh5

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Ermm, no, but I don't think I've done that before? Do I need to? How does it help?

I have a wifi extender that splits the 2.4 & 5 ghz networks for me, so that I can log into either if needed, and sometimes one or the other works better for a specific device or in a specific location.

0 Ratings
Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Re the original question, I think that changing the setting on my phone has fixed the problem, phew!

0 Ratings