cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barriemorgan
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Problem using powerline adapters in LAN

I have been using a powerline to deliver internet access to my TV using my BT Home Hub 5 without problem.  I am trying to use two additional gig ethernet ports for power adapters to add a printer to my network and to hardwire my PC to improve broadband speeds.  My BT network is not able to identify this network, which is functioning in the sense that my printer and pc are connnected.  Running the troubleshooter gives two error messages:
Default gateway is not available; ethernet has no valid IP configuration.  My original powerline connection no longer  works even when the new powerlines are unplugged.  My BT network shows the following devices currently connected to my BT Home Hub:

Device

2.4GHz Wireless:BarrieA0:88:69:12:BC:BD192.168.1.151 
5GHz Wireless:Barries-iPhoneBC:E1:43:A0:20:E6192.168.1.170 
Ethernet:unknown_5C:DC:96:42:6B:0A5C:DC:96:42:6B:0Afe80::5edc:96ff:fe42:6b0a
USB:No devices detected   

Can anyone advise me please?

Barrie Morgan

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problem using powerline adapters in LAN

you can't run 2 separate powerline adapter sets  you need to pair your new adapters to existing powerline setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings