cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdwyermann
Message 1 of 5

Problems streaming Xbox One to Windows 10 PC on BT infinity

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else had come accross similar problems to me when trying to stream their xbox one to windows 10 using the new xbox app streaming feature. My BT Infinity (38mb) seems to be unable to handle streaming between the two devices even at the lowest quality settings, which seems strange to me.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problems streaming Xbox One to Windows 10 PC on BT infinity

Nothing to do with your broadband. You need a decent connection between the two devices. Make sure they are both wired into your homehub with Ethernet cables.
tdwyermann
Message 3 of 5

Surely it could be a problem with the quality of LAN my router is providing?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

0 Ratings
Davidxbo
Message 5 of 5

I have the same issue. It was working really well - infact I successfully played Destiny (a FPS which requires fast responses) via streaming over wifi and the next day it will not connect for more than a few seconds and fails the stream tests. The smooth play was on the same laptop running windows 10 on both occasions. 

I have checked all settings I can think of on both the Xbox and the Laptop but I think the issue is with the router. I have had a lot of trouble with it recently with the connection dropping to 2mb/s until I call tech support and then it's back up to 79mb/s but i think this is more of an internal networking/routing issue.

I will test with ethernet tonight but this kind of defeats the purpose as I use it when I want to use the xbox from another room. 

Might also try using the BT hub as just a modem and connect my own router as it seems to have horrible bandwidth management as one use can start heavy usage/ streaming video and everyones connection drops. Also notice the router is often incredibly hot.

0 Ratings