cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brookaneer
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Problems with BT Broadband Desktop Help using Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10

I am running the beta version of Windows 8 and the new Internet Explorer 10. BT Broadband Desktop Help does not appear to recognise the following:

1. That I am logged in as an administrator in order to upgrade to a newer version of BT Broadband Desktop Help. I have checked my user status in control panel and confirmed that I am an administrator.

2. The currently installed version of BT Broadband Desktop Help appears to recognise Internet Explorer 10 as an inferior version to Internet Explorer 6 and thus will not load.

The BT Broadband Desktop Help is the only app that has 'refused' to run or be upgraded during the time that Windows 8 operating system and Internet Explorer 10 has been installed on my computer.

Any suggestions please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problems with BT Broadband Desktop Help using Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10

as windows 8and explorer 10 are not yet on general release the desk top help programme is unlikely to run you may find many programmes will not run correctly
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Brookaneer
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: Problems with BT Broadband Desktop Help using Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10

Thanks for responding. I understand where you are coming from however, as mentioned in my original post, the BT Broadband desktop help app is the only app installed on my computer that does not run on the Windows 8 Platform and Internet Explorer 10. I have had this platform on my computer now for something like 10 to 12 months and Broadband Desktop is the first 'failure', which I find a bit strange when everything else is working fine on the Windows 8 Platform.

The only resaon I have used the Desktop help recently is because I have upgraded to the faster Broadband speed and wanted to use the Broadband help app to optimise my PC as advised in the e-mail that confirmed the upgrade was completed. I have had no reason to use the broadband help in the past as everything has worked fine.

I just thought that someone may know of a 'tweak' that I need to do to get Desktop Help up and running. Other than that, I suppose I will have to wait for BT to catch up with the rest of the world. Hope it's soon as Windows 8 is released in October this year I believe.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

One of the suppoert chaps posted this information if its any help?

Problems updating Desktop Help

0 Ratings