cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dandan123
Message 1 of 5

Problems with BT Dongle 600

In the past few days, I have been having many problems with my BT Dongle 600. We own two in our house, I have tried both of them and none of them have solved this. My problem is that I will be connected to the internet for about 10 minutes, and then I will be temporarily disconnected. To get back online, I have to reconnect to my router and it will connect me again for another ten minutes. About a month ago I upgraded to Windows 10, but this problem has only emerged in the past few days. I have tried using the Windows 8 drivers, I have tried disabling and enabling it again in the Devices menu, I have plugged the two Dongle 600s in different USB slots in my PC, I have tried everything that I can think of.

If anyone could help me with this problem, that would be truly appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
dandan123
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problems with BT Dongle 600

Also please note that I have tried installing BT Desktop Help, but the program will not work as my browser is "outdated".

Also, whenever I diagnose connection problems, "Ethernet 3 could not obtain a valid IP address" appears, even though I do not use an Ethernet cable.

0 Ratings
dandan123
Message 3 of 5

This is also the only device in the house that is having this problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

My advice is that you do not install BTDesktop Help. Apart from compatibility problems with Windows 10 it is not needed for anything on your computer or to allow you to connect to the Internet and can and does cause problems on some computers.

Have you tried ONE factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This can often sort out wireless problems.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

try using search for 'bt dongle 600'  I think some solved it by using windows 8 drivers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings