cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Jacqui41
Message 1 of 9

Problems with Home hub 6

I wonder if anyone can help please? My BT home hub has been working well since I received it. However 2 days ago my husbands phone (Samsung Galaxy Core) and my sky wifi booster have stopped connecting to wifi. I haven't touched the hub so not sure what has happened. My husband sees the hub in his settings but it just will not connect. The sky wifi booster just flashes white (which according to the troubleshooting means the booster is too far away) but it is right next to the hub.
I have just reconnected my home hub 5 and now both are connected again. Is there anything I need to do to my new hub to help get these connected again?
I would appreciate any help, also please in English if possible as I'm ok with simple tech stuff as a rule but the jargon goes a little over my head 😊
Thanks in advance
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Ozzig
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Problems with Home hub 6

I've seen the same thing onour Samsung S4 Mini - fine for a while then just won't connect.

I'm currently trying wifi on mode 3 to see if the problem still occurs.

I did notice when the problem happened my iPhone 5C also struggled to connect, but did manage it in the end. Whereas my Motorola was fine, though it was using 5Ghz and the others 2.4Ghz.

Never had the problem on the old HH4 - 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz were both fine.

0 Ratings
Jacqui41
Message 3 of 9

How do I put it in mode 3? Thank you
0 Ratings
craigb123
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

I've had problems with 2 BT Smarthubs after upgrading from BT broadband to BT Infinity 1. Both stopped working on WiFi after 24hrs due to DHCP errors. Got worse so could only get one device to connect.

BT technical support sent out a new Smrthub, did exactly the same, stopped allowing connections after 24 hrs. I checked the event log, there was a firmware update on the second box just before it started failing. The Firmware code is SG4B10002214F dated 22/6/16. This cannot be fixed by a factory reset. Anyone else had similar problems?

Waiting now for a Home Hub 5 although I'm not that confident.

Previously had BT broadband with a Home Hub 4 with no problems. 

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

Hi @Jacqui41

From the Home Hub 6 home page (http://192.168.1.254) select Advanced Settings then Wireless (or try http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/advancedWifi) then scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see a 'Wireless mode' option.

Regards 

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Hi @craigb123

A number of people reported Wifi problems on the forum with the SG4B100021F4 firmware. In all the cases I've seen they've reverted to HH5 or some other router and the problems have been resolved.

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
craigb123
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I'm waiting for a HH5 to be delivered, is is likely to work?

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

It should. From what others report, when they've had problems with connecting to the HH6 wireless, replacing with a HH5 has resolved the problems.

Best of luck.

0 Ratings
jd595
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

I had similar problems with devices continually connecting and disconnecting, eventually breaking my nest thermostat. The problem moved to my tv with constant connected/disconnected messages. On setting the router to mode 3 the problems have gone and I haven't encountered any performance issues.

Lastly, full marks to nest for replacing the thermostat free of charge and sending an engineer to install the replacement.

0 Ratings