cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Provided power cable too short

The power cable  from electric socket to the fibre termination block is too short. Can I buy a cable extension or new adapter with longer cable.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Provided power cable too short

It must have been ok when fitted by openreach  why not just use a 2/4 way electric extension

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

His previous Post makes reference to the Supplied CAT5e Cable not being long enough.

It was recommended he buy a longer one but from what I can gather he’s taken it upon himself to try a move the ONT instead. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@Starwire Can I ask how you came to that conclusion?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I actually need both cables longer to place things where I want them.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

BT only supply limited length cables and to connect I had to bring an extension from other side of room.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

He posted this Question;

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Internal-fibre-cable/m-p/2172968#M189766

I’ve been dealing with things like those day in day out for almost 20 years now. After a while it becomes very predictable.

I’d hazard a guess what has happened is he’s moved into a New Build and or a House that had FTTP Installed by the previous owner and is unhappy with the ONT Location. That or he had it installed and has now suddenly changed his mind as to where he wants the ONT and Router installed.

No idea if he’s bothered to ask for an ONT Shift or not?

As said though the Power Supply for the ONT comes as is and isn’t available is various lengths. 

0 Ratings