cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MC3
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Pulse vpn does not work with smart hub 6

I just got a smart hub, but now the vpn on my husbands laptop won’t connect (or disconnect!). I have tried to put clamping on (no effect); tried to move his laptop to the dmz, but hub won’t allow me to move any device to the dmz. Vpn used to work with our old hub (version3). Advice please? I have had 3 “chats” with by, each time the person said “what is dmz”. Shocking. Of course I have paid money for the pleasure of this non- service.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
PC3
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: Pulse vpn does not work with smart hub 6

I have a similar problem I suspect, but your initial information is was above my understanding. I also have pulse secure as work VPN and since I have the Hub 6, my VPN works, but certain websites, both internal and external cannot be accessed. There seems to be no order to what I can and cannot access, but is having a massive detrimental effect on my ability to work.

0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I firmly believe that BT/EE have changed something recently that causes issues with VPN connections.

Several of my work colleagues using BT or EE are having simliar issues.

0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Have you found a solution to this problem yet?

0 Ratings
MC3
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I contacted researchers at BT who are very kindly looking at the problem. So stay tuned- will be over a week before I am able to report back, but at least we have some technical experts on our side now.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

Did you get any information back from BT on this?  Which researchers did you contact as I may try and make contact myself?

Myself and 3 of my work colleagues (on either EE or BT) are still unable to connect to our company VPN despite it working flawlessly for months.

0 Ratings
MC3
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I have a solution!! What you need to do is opt out of the “Error Replacement Service” provided by your Internet Service Provider. The links below will take you to web page where you can switch off this service. If you get an error, persevere and try again. Eventually it will work. You must access this page using the yr broadband and router (or whichever provider). Hurrah!!!
BT: http://preferences.webaddresshelp.bt.com/selfcare/

TalkTalk: https://www.talktalk.co.uk/optout/

Virgin Media: https://my.virginmedia.com/advancederrorsearch/

This will give you the possibility to opt out of the “Error Replacement Service” provided by your Internet Service Provider. Good luck everyone and thanks to the folk at bt labs.
0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

Unfortunately, clicking on the BT link shows that I'm already opted out of this service.

From what I've read, you can achieve the same result by changing your DNS server IPs to something other than your ISP's, such as Google's.

Can you confirm whether this has resolve your issue?

0 Ratings