Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrustratedCustomer68
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Question about returning old hubs etc. to BT

Go to solution

Yes, poor old BT can only remain viable if it continually meets its customers' expectations, and it can only do so much to change these since they are conditioned by culture.

It's reassuring to know that a recent-model hub might have been recondiioned and then reused, but I'll be disposing solely of Hub 2s this time. I'll be retaining the three Hub 3s in my possession for the moment, in case I have any problems and need to eliminate the possibility of there being a a fault with the Hub 4 that I'm using in live.

0 Ratings
kengoodger
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

BT can supply return bags and labels for old hums.  I recently returned one.  However I have other obsolete BT equipment and I would like to return that for recycling, but cannot find how to do it.

0 Ratings
kengoodger
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

A lifelong hub is not practical as new technology woud require the replacement of components within the hub, which the average consumer would not be adle to do.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

@kengoodger wrote:

BT can supply return bags and labels for old hums.  I recently returned one.  However I have other obsolete BT equipment and I would like to return that for recycling, but cannot find how to do it.

Your local recycling centre should have an area for electronic scrap, usually you will see old monitors and desktop computers. Just take the obsolete equipment there.

Its difficult to define obsolete, I have my original home hub 1, and a spare, both still working fine on ADSL2.

0 Ratings