cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Question to an Engineer(?)

Go to solution

So I'm currently waiting on an open reach engineer to come on the 15th to connect my broadband hub up to the mast outside but I have a cable running into the house  but I don't have a wee socket thing for the cables to run into anywhere in the house or any wires coming in the house? So what will happen? Will he (you) set that up for me???

Thanks to whoever reads this and actually replies 🙂 please excuse my praying of setting things, honestly don't know what I'm talking about as this is the first time I've ever got broadband, really unsure of the process. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Question to an Engineer(?)

Go to solution

He/she will do whatever is necessary to provide your service.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thank you for the quick reply
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

If there is already a drop-wire from the telegraph pole to your house , but no ‘master socket’ on the inside , then the Openreach installer may replace that wire and do a full install, or may reuse it and reinstate the service with a ‘new’ socket and partial new wiring.

If the previous occupant , for some reason , removed all the internal wiring and socket ( assuming no socket exists ) don’t sweat it, no reason to think it won’t all be replaced , problem free.

0 Ratings