wildgoose1uk
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Random WiFi dropping

Hi

My wifi keeps dropping out but on different devices at different times and only for a few seconds at a time.  The log shows:

09:00:34, 27 Jul.

wl0:A WiFi device <1E:9E:21:F8:7B:45> has successfully connected to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV5G])

09:00:29, 27 Jul.

wl0:Device <1E:9E:21:F8:7B:45> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV5G])

So the dropout is only for 6 seconds meaning we can rule out the router recycling.  It happens on more than one device but at different times so the devices are unlikely to be at fault (I think!).

Smart Setup is switched on so presumably it would find good channels automatically?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Random WiFi dropping

I would turn off smart setup as causing more problems than it helps

which version of hub do you have?  have you tried selecting wireless channels manually instead of auto  use a wifi analyser on phone to see which networks are near you and channels in use then select  a free or less congested channel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wildgoose1uk
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Random WiFi dropping

I have smart hub 1. I scanned local networks and there was one further away using channel 1, however on rescan the hub selected channel 6. I thought it was meant to do that automatically.
I noticed that there are only about 4 choices for channels for the 5ghz band. Is this normal? I suppose it should be enough given the shorter range of 5ghz.
0 Ratings