cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Random ping spikes causing gaming issues

Suffering bad ping spikes which make gaming next to impossible, i had no problems with this untill i suffered a line fault at the beginning of the month (last engineer in cabinet didnt shut it correctly and allowed the rain in) this has been resolved and line was reset, after waiting the the time told to me i noticed i wad still suffering spikes. Contacted good old bt who sent engineer no 2 round who went searching and came back telling me line is fine and suggested i ask for a service reset. Which i have done. Again done what i was told still no difference. New hub sent and told to try that (nothing changed). Got in touch again now i have a 3rd engineer coming (cant wait for the same result). I have tried everything i can think of, what i have seen in forums and everything else advised to me. Really hoping a mod can help they always seem to post replies then you never hear from the person with the problem again. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Side note my contract is coming to an end soon which for me is always a problem. My last 4 hubs have become faulty one was only a week old and one was ping related but was magically resolved the day i renewed my contract

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Random ping spikes causing gaming issues

New update. It is now effecting me from home schooling my child. I cant enter google classroom without it freezing for 5 sec then picking back up  missing what has been said or cutting the call completely. It also takes 5+ attempts to watch videos being sent that my daughter needs to watch. 12min video taking 30 min to watch

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

No sound line fine. I have had two engineers check this 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

update: BT now sending a multiskilled engineer to look at problem and have PROMISED me to be up and running by wednesday. they have also turned on my 4g mini hub
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

on my own i take it
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Hi @luigicosta,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems with your connection. Hopefully the engineer will get you sorted on Wednesday. Post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Starting to think this bt engineer is not coming
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Bt engineer has been, found a second fault, still no improvement
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

last update as i am getting nowhere. had a senior engineer out, fix some cabling which he said shouldnt make a difference but you never know. i am now suffering ping spikes and pack loss. i really dont know what to do any more. i think my only real option is for open reach to switch my port and see if that makes any difference. sick of being bounced around

0 Ratings