Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex----flower
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Home Hub 3 as a repater?

Hi all 

I have recently extended my wifi into my outbuilding. I followed a popular link on here which was excellent (http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/wireless/hh3link.htm). However now it is set up I have gone onto my internet to download a programme through a P2P sharing site and the BitTorrent programme would not let it download fast at all. Did changing all the setting on the router affect the P2P sharing set up I had? I reset the router and after 5 minutes it returned back to the normal download speed. Is there a way of still connecting a second hub to my primary hub without affecting my downloading P2P sharing?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
alex----flower
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Re: HomeHub 3 - how to connect repeater

Hi all 

I have recently extended my wifi into my outbuilding. I followed a popular link on here which was excellent (http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/wireless/hh3link). However now it is set up I have gone onto my internet to download a programme through a P2P sharing site and the BitTorrent programme would not let it download fast at all. Did changing all the setting on the router affect the P2P sharing set up I had? I reset the router and after 5 minutes it returned back to the normal download speed. Is there a way of still connecting a second hub to my primary hub without affecting my downloading P2P sharing?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

please don't post the same thing over and over you posted here initially  https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Discussions/BT-Home-Hub-brepeater-issues/m-p/1483506

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alex----flower
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Okay, no problem. Can you shed any light on my issue though?? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

if anyone can help then they should post on your original thread following my link  as no replies yet suggests no thoughts of solution  still someone may post later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

What changes did you make on the original hub, there is no need to change anything on that.

0 Ratings
alex----flower
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

I had a long list of things to change on both the primary and secondary router. I can not access the page at the moment as you can only access it from a BT internest connection. But if you know of a simpler way to add a repeater I would love to know.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Give the secondary hub an IP address outside of the DHCP range of the primary hub,  turn off DHCP on the secondary hub and connect them together LAN to LAN. Job done.

0 Ratings
alex----flower
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Many thanks 

0 Ratings