Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
outy
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 22

Re: BT Home Hub 5 "New Firmware Upgrade" causing problems

Go to solution
So do I need to put a pin in the reset pin hole? Or is it good to just leave it alone as it reset three days after it did that update which was a surprize as it hasn't updated since that other bod job firmware lol.
0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Go to solution
just do a factory reset
0 Ratings
outy
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution
Isn't that what the pin hole thing is? Never even done a factory reset before.bt wouldn't expect there customers to do that would they? They should really say so if that's the case.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

@outy wrote:
Isn't that what the pin hole thing is? Never even done a factory reset before.bt wouldn't expect there customers to do that would they? They should really say so if that's the case.

Yes the pin hole is for a factory reset and why wouldn't BT expect you to do that. If they didn't want you to be able to do that they would not have provided the facility to do it. All it does is restore the software to "as new" condition of the latest software that is on the Homehub which rules out any possible corruption of the software.

0 Ratings
outy
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 22

hh5 reset

Go to solution
So what's bt doing about these new reset issues if factory reset doesn't work what are we supposed to do?
0 Ratings
outy
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 22
Is it ipv6 active yet? And is there any issue with that resetting ala the a version?
0 Ratings
outy
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution
Err because people don't even know its there and its supposed to be a plug n play router,average joe not going to think I have issues ill check the back of my router for a small hole lol.bt can't do a software update so its they problem to solve Imo.
0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

I would imagine the word 'Reset' above the little hole in the back would be a giveaway.

outy
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution
Yeah nice job putting my other posts in to this thread when there different questions slow clap for you who ever did that so dumb .@ Liam yeah cause that's what anyone does right theres reset button on top but people ignore that and search the back for a small pin hole.
0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution
Top button is Restart and that boots the hub. The small button at the back is Reset and this sets the hub back to factory settings.
0 Ratings