cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
yokozuma10
Message 1 of 8

Re: BT Smart Hub denying access to android and laptop

This has been driving me mad for years. Is the only solution to replace the HH with a 3rd party router?

An extra £40 on top of my ever increasing bill is a little steep at the moment especially given as it's BT's faulty hardware.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

can you expand on your problem and what you have tried already to solve it then someone may reply

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

0 Ratings
emnov74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

I found getting a different router worked but internet was slow. Eventually BT confirmed I had a fault on my router. Sent another and all was good. Signed up for about 18 months and low and behold 2 months in and problems again. A fault on my line. Ok for another bit and now the router is doing the same as before but to my nowtv box! Either they do an update and it all goes to pot or they're just rubbish but can't say I'm impressed with my "superfast" broadband and they're about to get a call. Thinking about it the problems I got before happened at the same time last year!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

did you reset hub as suggested by @Keith_Beddoe

are you using the test socket with a filter to eliminate faceplate and internal wiring  should be done even if you currently have a filtered faceplate

any noise when doing quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

can you post stats  advanced settings then technical log information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
emnov74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I did all this last time and it went on for months....I honestly can't face the whole thing again but guess I'll have too.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

@emnov74 wrote:
I did all this last time and it went on for months....I honestly can't face the whole thing again but guess I'll have too.

If you mean factory resetting the home hub, then yes. Its a problem with all of the home hubs, even the original home hub 1, it originated in the way that entries are stored internally in the software.

Eventually it runs out of internal connections, and the only way to clear the old stale ones out, is a factory reset.

Other routers do not suffer from this problem.

0 Ratings
emnov74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Thanks Kevin...ill give that a go
0 Ratings