cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jemma213GH
Message 1 of 6

Re: BT are blocking lots of websites I visit often

Yeah, over the past weks. I have been facing a lot issues, when wanted to surf on some of my favorite websites. I finally found that bt is blocking them and not only this . It's not only the websites but also some of my apps like showbox.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Liam_
Expert
Message 2 of 6

A 'for instance'  would be handy so others could try reaching the sites and perhaps be able to suggest something to help.

So could you post one or two URLs for the affected sites.

0 Ratings
jemma213GH
Message 3 of 6

I used vpn today!!! Tiger VPN. By using it i easily unblocked yes movies and was ablt to surf movies and tv shows.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Do you have Parental Controls turned on?

A specific web address, or two, that you cannot get to would still help.  For example:-

http://website.com

A link to a proxy site is not helpful.

0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Please bear in mind if you are talking about movies and TV shows if you are talking about illegitimate sources then many are subject to UK high court orders which forces the larger ISPs to block access to the URLs in question. I dont have a full list and I'd guess to provide the list or ways to circumvent said blocking would be a topic of conversation that the board moderators would likely not want discussed.
0 Ratings
RGing
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Yes movies sounds like a site to avoid, for more than one reason:

From https://www.quora.com/Is-yesmovies-to-a-legal-website-to-watch-movies

Yes! Movies is a free movie streaming site that offers movies, television shows, and other content seemingly free of charge. However, their content is not legally licensed or paid for for. The site streams illegally distributed and pirated movies including cam rips, pirated films, and otherwise stolen media. Watching movies on Yes Movies can result in legal issues because streaming movies illegally is the same as downloading them via torrent. The High Tech Society recommends that you avoid the Yes Movies site and do not sign up for an account. While Yes Movies allows you to request movies and get alerts for new content, sites like this one often unscrupulously sell personal data and email addresses from their users to make a profit. If you have signed up for an account, we highly recommend that you take the time to change all passwords associated with the email you used to prevent potential hacks.

0 Ratings