cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Technocom
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: BT fibre having issues

I have had FTTP for around a year and we have constant problems with speed and dropouts. The dropouts really affect our Nest thermostats & also the Sky Q mini box. We have had a couple of engineers visit but unable to fix.

I’ve also had to hardwire a disc (we have 4), because it keeps dropping.

On a good day we can get 100/30 on most discs.

Anyone  got any tips?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

I have moved your post to start a new thread as it is an entirely different problem to the thread you posted on.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

are the dropouts on wifi only and ethernet connection are ok?

if so have you turned off smart setup?

have you selected the wifi channels manually instead of auto?  for 5ghz change to 44/48 as SKYQ uses channel 36  for 2.4ghz try a wifi analyser on your mobile and find channels in use round about you and select free or least congested where you wifi signal is strongest

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NeilC93
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Glad I'm not the only one having issues. 

We're still trying to get to the bottom of everything to see what the issue is. 

We can still see dropout on a wired connection direct to the hub with nothing else connected after moving everything to run through a Google Next Router & Wifi Points to rule out and Internal issue. I've also taken to wiring the house with Cat 6 cables to see if that helps (Beyone the Nest Router) and still see issues. 

Do you have issues with Digital Voice too?

0 Ratings
mabuk
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I've seen a couple of posts regarding fluctuating fttp speeds to the router. One was fixed by changing the ethernet cable from the ONT to the Smart Hub 2 back to the one that came with the Hub. The other was a problem with the ONT itself, and replacement fixed it.

You can use the BT phone app to test the speed to the router (probably only works with a Smart Hub), then you'll know if the drops in speed are to the router.

0 Ratings