cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 12

Re: BT home hub 6 issues

I have had a HUB 6 for about 2 months or so. Lately it seems for some reason it re-boots itself every 6 or 7 days. I thought the re-boot interval was 14 days. There seems to be no problems on my line. The BT engineer put me on a different pair which seem OK. There seems to be no loss of performance only the re-boot which happens at any time.

Any ideas please

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Not much you can do really, you could try persuading customer services to send a replacement, live with the reboots or buy a third party router.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

@Cicero   there ae other posts similar to yours where hub is rebooting 6/7 days as against the 'normal' posts of 14 days.  again there is no affect on the connection speed with the reboots

I used to get the 14 day reset but hub seems to have 'grown out of it' now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 12

Ok thanks...hopefully it is being worked on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Don't think do.  Just maintain a stable connection apart from the 6/7/14. Day reset and hopefully like mine it will just stop

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 12

As an experiment I changed my lease time to 21 days on my Hub 6. Had absolutely no effect , bang on q a re-boot at 7 days and a few odd hours. Looks to me like the 6/7 day thing is hardwired into the HUB 6. Have left lease time on 21 days just to see what happens.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

As far as I can tell it is the remote server that triggers the Boot with a TR69 Value Change command Value 4 Boot. It doesn't seem to be anything detected by the HUB itself , over the course of a week several of these occur but only one Value 4 which takes the Hub down.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

Just for academic interest have loaded my recent stats and for the first time since I had the router it has reported signal attenuation which it has not done ever since I had it .  It still doesn't stay up for more than six day. Speeds are always consistent after reboot. On the latest reboot there is nothing in the log to say why.

BT LogoBT Smart Hub Manager
Home

Advanced settings

Technical log
Information

Event log
Back
This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name:
BT Hub 6A
Serial number:
+084317+NQ74851940
Firmware version:
SG4B1000E016
Firmware updated:
19-May-2019
Board version:
Gui version:
DSL uptime:
0 Days, 20 Hours 31 Minutes 12 Seconds
Data rate:
12.86 Mbps / 38.47 Mbps
Maximum data rate:
12941 / 44269
Noise margin:
6.1 dB / 5.9 dB
Line attenuation:
21.3 dB
Signal attenuation:
0 dB / 21.3 dB
VPI / VCI:
0/38
Modulation:
G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type:
Fast Path
Data sent / received:
493 MB Uploaded / 2326 MB Downloaded
Broadband username:
bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi:
Not active
2.4 GHz wireless network name:
BTHub6-R9FG
2.4 GHz wireless channel:
Channel 11
5 GHz wireless network name:
BTHub6-R9FG-5
5 GHz wireless channel:
Channel 36
Wireless security:
WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode:
Mode 1
Firewall:
On
MAC address:
D8:D7:75:B2:C6:B5
Software variant:
-
Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

as I posted before there are others with this reboot problem but it just annoying more than anything else and as long as your speed stays the same before and after reboot then there is nothing you can do apart from trying a 3rd party router.  this may stop the reboots

the lease time has nothing to do with the reboots as you have already found out

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

Thanks...It could well have been the firmware update that took the Hub down on the 19th.
0 Ratings