cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: BT seems to be blocking access to certain website, albeit in an odd way

I have been having similar problems with two adult sites on .tv domains. The sites load but starting streaming causes buffering with initially 500 kb to 3 Mb download, this then drops down to 0 kb and will not show streams.

Using my alternative of a MiFi mobile unit on EE the sites load and run with no problems.

Both using Chrome browser or Safari; home link has around 70 Mbps on tests and MiFi only 15 Mbps so not my end.

Adult sites on .com domains do not seem to be affected.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

check MYBT that web protect is turned off

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, have turned off and will check when I am back on my home router on Saturday. Seems odd that let me onto the site though and only blocked the video streams.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

imjolly
I have now come home and using BT broadband connection, same problem as before though Web Protect turned off. Have had no problem for the last week accessing on Linux laptop via EE mobile internet but no access to streams on iMac via BT fibre. Front end of site loads OK so site not blocked, just the streams. Parental Controls are turned off.
0 Ratings