Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobby1231
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Re: Clearing DNS cache/nameservers from Router/Homehub

Go to solution

I have the same problem. I moved webhosts in May 2019 and subsequently made substantial changes. Whenever I view the website from my home network, via BT Homehub 6, it shows the old website. But if I visit the same website from any other network (for example 4g on my mobile, or tethering), it shows the new site. It isn't down to cache on the device, because as soon as I use the same device on a different network I get the new website. It has been like this for 2 months now, can anyone recommend a fix? Thank you.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Go to solution

I have moved you onto your own thread because the one you posted on was last posted on six years ago.

0 Ratings
bobby1231
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

This is now proving to be a real problem for me and I am losing business. Anyone who visits my business website via a BT connection sees my old web host (from May 2019). I no longer have access to that web host so cannot update the SSL certificate. The result is that it displays the 'website is not secure' warning sign and people don't view my site. I can fix the issue easily on my computer by using the Google DNS, but I am getting calls on a weekly basis from customers saying that my site is insecure (no HTTPS/SSL) when that is incorrect. the SSL is fine on the new web host, when accessed via any ISP other than BT, but anyone visiting via BT sees the old website (with an expired SSL). BT is literally losing me business. What can I do about this? it has been over 3 months since I changed web hosts and it is only BT which has not yet updated itself to point visitors to the correct web host.

0 Ratings
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
Strange. I moved web hosts yesterday for a site of mine, and while it look longer for computers to start going to the new site on BT, it did eventually happen. I think I just saved my DNS Settings again.

Could you post the site?
--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
bobby1231
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

www.private-physio.co.uk - I have had 3 people in the last week all with the same problem (all with BT), and from my own home (BT) connection I also get it. Here are some screenshots taken just now. The first shows the SSL error, the second shows an SSL check which confirms that it is fine.

Screenshot_2019-08-28-09-00-51-476_com.android.chrome.pngCapture.PNG

0 Ratings
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Yes, I get the same problem. Loads fine over Cloudflare DNS, Security Error when loading through my BT Smart Hub. As I say, I switched some nameservers yesterday and it went through fine.

I checked your site on SSL Labs and like you say, the certificate is fine.

Is it deliberate that, if I do a WhoIS lookup on your domain it shows: ns1.cloudns.io, ns2.cloudns.io as your nameservers. But DNSWATCH shows ns1.gustavpatrick.co.uk, ns2.gustavpatrick.co.uk? I assume Cloudns does forwarding / failover?

--
0 Ratings
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
After writing my previous message, it seems to be working fine. Did you fix it?
--
0 Ratings
bobby1231
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks. I have been poking around with the DNS Zone Editor in cpanel and removed the second nameservers you've referenced above. That seems to have fixed the problem! Thanks for your help 🙂
0 Ratings
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Great! No problem.
--
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Not a BT problem after all then. 😉

0 Ratings