Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobW92
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Re: Connection Problems - Smarthub, Wifi, Speed

Hi,

I am also having this issue, Ive had BT Infinity 1 since the start of December and just before Christmas started having disconnection issues. Over 2 and a half days the guy at BT told me I'd had 17 disconnections. 

Its only ever when using my PC i start having issues which is a wired connection and more so almost immediatley after starting an online game it disconnects as if it cant handle the high traffic.

Ive had a new homehub 6 sent out eventually, this did not cure it. I then had a homehub 5 sent out and although the connection stays up the ping is unbearable from 700-1800 ms. This has also affected my download speeds and tonight after a speed test it showed 1.56mbs download and .5mps upload.

Between being sent routers to try ive been using an asus router and an external modem(thats how old the router is) and the issues go away completley so i know the issues lie with the BT routers although i cant understand why nor have i ever had an issue like this before.

Can anyone give me any advice as to why this has started happening and how to get BT to do something about it?

Sorry to hijack the OP post but ive searched and cant seem to make a post myself for some reason.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Welcome to this user forum.

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

0 Ratings
RobW92
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thank you Keith I'd appreciate any help you or anyone else can give me at this point.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 7

Why not just carry on with the modem and Asus router? Will be a better set up anyway, decent frirmware and more control over your connection, port forwarding etc.

BTW if you ever need to make a new post in the future just click on new message. (see below).

2018-01-23 21_53_42-BT Infinity_Fibre broadband - BTCare Community Forums.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Can you post stats from the hh6. Advanced settings then technical log admin

your download/upload speeds are very low for infinity 1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RobW92
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Hi Pippin, I appreciate that the simple solution would be to go back and use the asus router and the external modem however this isnt my router, im borrowing it, and mainly i feel this is not what I should have to resort to for what im paying and signed up for. I believed i was taking a contract out with BT on the terms of a fixed amount, an expected speed and also to be supplied with the HH6  which is boasted to be this amazing router with the strongest wifi signal etc etc. 

Ive also found that with the asus router, wether it is just because they were on different evenings im not sure, that my download speeds are around 7-8 mbps slower than using the HH6. Like i said they were on different evenings at different times so likley this was the reason but the main annoyance/ let down is that i was happy with previous ISP and only joined BT for what i was led to believe was the 'best' router.

Hi Imjolly i hope this is the info you were asking for:

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ73831143

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B316

Firmware updated:

11-Dec-2017

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 18 Hours 13 Minutes 3 Seconds

Data rate:

9.79 Mbps / 39.99 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

10106 / 45420

Noise margin:

6.3 dB / 2.9 dB

Line attenuation:

19.5 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

885 MB Uploaded / 13233 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Not active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-HM6S

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 11)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-HM6S

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

58:90:43:E7:7E:F7

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

What ive also noticed now is that each time i load up the PC that the internet is unusable due to a high ping and I have to unplug my BT powerline adaptors and reconnect them before it settles down and goes back to normal.

Again I realise that powerline adaptors put alot of folk off or may take the blame but they werent an issue with my last two ISP routers and are not an issue when using the Asus one so I do think there lies an issue with the HH6 unfortuntley.

Any help/advice going forward is really appreciated, thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Can you enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete number. https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Can you run run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results. Must be done with wired connection not wireless

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings