cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khs10uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re: Desktop upgrade

My BT Infinity is disconnecting ALL THE TIME. The only way I can restore it is to re-boot or use Desktop Help. Sometimes I use it 20 times a day. Using the quick launch icon to disconnect and reconnect does not work. But Desktop help is being discontinued from 1 October 2016. What on earth do I do now? Find another ISP, I think...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

As desktop help is only effective on the device you are using, this points to an issue with that device.

Try uninstalling desktop help, as you were advised on your last thread.

Do the lights change on the home hub when the disconnection occurs?

If you are using a wireless connection, that is likely to cause some issues.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

@khs10uk wrote:

My BT Infinity is disconnecting ALL THE TIME. The only way I can restore it is to re-boot or use Desktop Help. Sometimes I use it 20 times a day. Using the quick launch icon to disconnect and reconnect does not work. But Desktop help is being discontinued from 1 October 2016. What on earth do I do now? Find another ISP, I think...

If your Infinity is disconnecting all the time you need to get that fixed rather than trying to overcome the problem by re-booting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 4

A few more details would be helpful.  What operating system is the desktop using?  Whcih router do you have?  Is the desktop connected wired or wireless to the router? Are there other devices connected via the router, and if so do they lose connection?

0 Ratings