Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 51

Re: Extending Wireless Range of Home Hubs - Information

Go to solution

I hav just re-read what you wrote, and I understand what you are saying. "apmode" is simply the default SSID I set up, and the password for it is "btcommunityforum"

I would suggest that you change the SSID and password to one of your own choosing.

If you go to the setup page at http://192.168.1.15 you can change the wireless settings to your own ones.

starship
Contributor
Message 42 of 51

Go to solution

Keith.

Thank you for keeping with me, made the adjustments as you suggested, such as password, i then saved and rebooted,This is the bit i did not pay attention to.

All is now working fine, connections are tons better, connection made in any part of the property, encluding tablet connection. Hopefully thats job done.

All the best and regards.

PS, Is there any where i can leave you feed back on the forum..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 51

Go to solution

I am pleased that you got there in the end, as the effort is very worth while.

Your feedback via this thread, will encourage others to try and improve their wireless connections, that is the most important thing.

There is no other feedback mechanism apart from the normal ticking of the white star next to a posting, if you want to.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 51

Go to solution

This thread seems to be quite popular, according to my webserver logs.

Just to update things, BT now have finally introduced their own fully integrated range of devices to increase wireless range, so I would recommend that people use these instead.

They do tend to be more expensive than some of the other options in this thread, but they should be simpler to set up.

BT Connected Home Range of devices to extend broadband

0 Ratings
matthewh3
Beginner
Message 45 of 51

TP-WA901D repeater Home Hub 3

Go to solution

I can get the device connected to my home hub 3 wifi but when I connecter to the repeater it won't provide an IP address for any device.  I have DHCP disabled and the TP is set to a stactic IP of 192.168.1.253.  I've tried setting the TP to dynamic address and it still won't provide an IP address for any device that connects to it.  I have the DHCP server disabled on the TP.  But have tried it with the DHCP server enabled then it will give a device that connects to it an IP but then I'm having DNS problems after trying four diffirent DNS servers.  Any help greatly apprieciated.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 51

Re: TP-WA901D repeater Home Hub 3

Go to solution

This page has information you need, as I expect that the 901 is similar.

TP-Link WA701ND

The IP address you have chosen is internally reserved in the home hub.

0 Ratings
matthewh3
Beginner
Message 47 of 51

Go to solution

Right I have changed the TP IP address to 192.168.1.89 anad enabled DCHP.  Now I can connect devices but I'm having DNS problems.  I've tried Google DNS, OpenDNS and BT DNS with no luck.  I've tried with the default gateway set to 192.168.1.254, 192.1.168.89 and 0.0.0.0  Does anyone know what the gateway on the TP needs to be set at and if I net to put something in the Default Domain setting.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 51

Go to solution

The IP address needs to be outside of the DHCP range. The Gateway address, and DNS are not needed, as you are using the home hubs DHCP to provide this. Nothing goes in the default domain.

Just use the same values as I suggested for the WA701ND.

0 Ratings
matthewh3
Beginner
Message 49 of 51

Go to solution

I found and followed this guide after resetting it and it worked fine happy days Smiley Very Happy

http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=250

0 Ratings
th14
Message 50 of 51

Ntp server on a home hub linked as per instructions

Go to solution
Hi Keith,
I've linked 2 Homehub 3 as per excellent instructions found via another site.
I use the Power Save option to ensure wifi goes off at a sensible time and ensure kids aren't on it all night (I can stil access via the BT wifi app!).
When linked the repeater Homehub wouldn't find a NTP server.
I took an educated guess and put in the IP address of the primary hub and hey presto both home hubs are synchronised!

Hope that is useful.
Laurie.
0 Ratings