Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 231 of 247

Re: Extending Wireless Range of Home Hubs - Information

Go to solution

To anyone reading this thread, please can you use the updated information link, which has full instructions, before you decide which device to purchase.

The old BT Website link has not been working for a long time now. Thanks.

The correct link, which includes plenty of options is:-

Wireless connection problems

0 Ratings
246 REPLIES 246
CB17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 247

Connecting a TP Link WA 701nd to the BT home hub 3

Go to solution

I posted a while back on how I could extend the range of my wirless network for the BT home hub 3.

I was advised to get the WA 701nd access point. Which I bought.

Unfortunately I am no expert and cant get it to connect to the hub.

Th first problem i have is that the IP address for the 701nd is the same as the home hub. So going in and setting it up was aproblem especially as the instructions only had it for windows XP not windows 7.

I tgied to set it up using an older laptop and maneged to get the settings in via an bethernet cable..

It would then see the hub but would not connect.

Unfortunately I have now lost the instructions and none of my laptops will connect to the 701nd.

Be great if someone could help me connect to the 701nd and then connect to the hub.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 247

Re: Connecting a TP Link WA 701nd to the BT home hub 3

Go to solution
hi suggest you look through the search facility you should find what you are looking for there failing which it is a matter of waiting till someone posts back to you with an answer
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 247

Go to solution
Thanks for reposting Keith I could not find youroriginal post hence thesuggestion the op use search hope you do not mind if I keep a link with credit to you for future reference
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 247

Go to solution

John,

You are welcome to reference this post. The main issue people have with this device is that its default IP address is the same as the home hub, which will give all sorts of problems if it is connected without re-configuration.

Its a cheap solution to both wireless extending (the preferred option), or wireless repeating, (slower throughput).

It works with all of the home hubs, in both modes and can be used in client mode to provide WifI access to computers and game consoles which do not have wireless built in.

Keith

0 Ratings
CB17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 247

Go to solution
Thanks will try. Would like to get the repeater settings as I am trying to extend the range.

Thanks once again
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 247

Go to solution

I will try and copy and modify my original post to show how to do it, watch this thread.

0 Ratings
CB17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 247

Go to solution
Thanks for this. Will have a go.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 247

Go to solution
If you have any problems then let me know. Other people, as well as I, have it working fine.
0 Ratings
2narmy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 247

Go to solution

i have been trying all day to connect to this tp link as above in access mode, for some reason though i lose connection and have to reset the tp link and start again, i ha got to the point now that i want to send the thing back. i want to extend the range of my home hub 3 as we have thick walls in our cottage so range is limited.

any further help would be greatly appreciated

chris

0 Ratings