Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starship
Contributor
Message 15 of 51

Re: Extending Wireless Range of Home Hubs - Information

Go to solution

Hi Keith, Thank you for the imput here. On your recommendation i have purchased the TP Link TL-WA701ND for my my BT Hub 2.0 .

Viewed your details of how to install etc a few times. Still a little confused, but before i start i would like to ask a question.

After setting the TL-WA701ND through the PC via Enthernet cable, Do i then reconnect the BT Hub 2.0 and connect the TL-WA701ND via enthernet cable to the BT Hub, or can it be plugged in to electric socket in another room where it will pick up wirless signal of the BT Hub.

Regards.

My original enquiry below.

I  have a laptop and Tablet that i like to use in my bedroom, both wirless.  I have my home hub with my main pC at one end of the house,  i cannot get a connection at the other end of the property which is approx 12 mts away. I know this varies from home to home but is there anyway i can get a wifi connection into my bedroom. Could i add another hub to another telephone connection which i have neaerer my bedroom ?.

0 Ratings
50 REPLIES 50
carlos23
Message 1 of 51

Bt Infinity extend wifi range HELP!

Go to solution

We have the new infinity box. Can anybody tell me if there is anyway possible that i can extend my wifi range?

I have the main house and a outbuilding 20/30m away and i cant get wifi out in the summer house any way i can extend the wifi range

Please Help!

thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 51

Re: Bt Infinity extend wifi range HELP!

Go to solution

Can you run an ethernet cable?

Or get a wireless range extender

0 Ratings
carlos23
Message 3 of 51

Go to solution

ive got a ethernet cable out there for my pc but i want wifi so i can you my iphone and ipad

thanks

0 Ratings
Annie_UK
Contributor
Message 4 of 51

Go to solution

Hows about one of these: Edimax-EW-7228APN-150Mbps-Wireless-Extender

This will give you 4 ports and WiFi 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 51

Go to solution
You just need to put the cable into a Wireless Access Point
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 51

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 51

BT Infinity poor WiFi signal around the house

Go to solution
Can anyone tell me how to improve the signal strength throughout my home, as it is very poor upstairs and in two bedrooms there is virtually no signal. My son cannot load the BT homepage now that we have changed to Infinity. Not off to a good start, and only got it installed this afternoon. It appears to have improved speeds where we can get a signal in the house, but just cannot get it throughout the house.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 51

Re: BT Infinity poor WiFi signal around the house

Go to solution
Hi Twinhighlander, are you using the HH3? if your are the wireless signal on the hub is not the greatest at all, i have issues myself.

The only suggestion i can give to you is to lock it to one channel on the settings of the hub, or possibly invest in powerline adaptors, other than that wired is always your best option!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Kit77
Contributor
Message 9 of 51

Re: BT Infinity poor WiFi signal around the house

Go to solution
What I have done is use homeplugs (powerline adapters) to connect the homehub to my previous wifi router upstairs and put it on a different channel. Lots of how tos for this on the web just Google using two routers on one home network.
0 Ratings