cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stavi
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Re: Extremely slow internet speeds.

I’m having exactly the same issue - today all of a sudden my speed has dropped from 50mb to 1.5mb. Been like it all day. The only other thing I have noticed is that when the speed drops the Wi-Fi signal improves lots

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

@Stavi 

Welcome to this user forum.

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Stavi
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Thanks - don’t actually use the phone and don’t think I have one to check
0 Ratings
Stavi
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

0 Ratings
Stavi
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in JumperHigh Low High Low        VDSL Range A (Clean) Stavi_0-1604787417827.gif
VDSL Range B (Impacted) Stavi_1-1604787417828.gif
6041.613.78.535AvailableAvailable--
58.737.713.57.932.4AvailableAvailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33030--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+ADSL MaxFixed Rate
Up to 2--1 to 3AvailableAvailable--
Up to 1--1 to 3AvailableAvailable--
1----Available----
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL Multicast
Available
Bridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
U
--
--
27-10-2020
Exchange Product Restrictions   StatusFTTP Priority Exchange  WLR Withdrawal  SOADSL Restriction  
N
N
Y
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

The most basic test for broadband problems is to check you have a dial tone and if so is there any noise on quiet line test. Any chance you could borrow phone to do test

hub stats?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Stavi
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Have done some more testing - phone test was ok. Problem starts as I move away from the router. Prior to when this issue started as I moved away Wi-Fi strength would reduce but speed would remain steady now as I go further away Wi-Fi strength remains strong but speed reduces. Could it be the impact of it moving from 5ghz to 2.5? Have tried different channels on both bands but makes no difference. Sometimes at the hub I get a low speed but I think this seems to fix after I have been stood by the hub for a while.

recently had another issue with the hub where Wi-Fi strength had reduced all of a sudden but this was fixed by a factory reset and has been working fine until yesterday.

0 Ratings
Stavi
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

BT wholesale speed test is showing 1-2mb when away from hub then 200mb when in close proximity my line speed should be up to 60 mb

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

You probably have another interfering signal as you move away from the home hub. This will reduce your speed without affecting the strength, as that would be sharing the channel with you, as only on device can use a wireless channel at a time.

Try changing the wireless channel on the home hub.

0 Ratings