cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greenkr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Re: HH6 Arives Monday, what have i done!

Go to solution

My Home Hub 6 arrived yesterday, and I am having problems straight away.

Firstly, of our two main iPads, one has dropped wifi connection. The first time turning the iPad off and on again got it connected again, but today, although it was initially connected, it lost the connection and I was unable to re-connect. The other has not lost connection so far.

My second problem is that my network printer (HP Laserjet 1505N) won't work with the HH6. The Pc is unable to connect to it, the web interface will not work and the self-test won't print with the ethernet cable connected. Switched back to HH5 and it's working again.

I had turned off Smart Setup and separated the 2.4ghz and 5 ghz bands.

BT are going to send a replacement hub but I wonder if it will be any better.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Go to solution

This post needs moving to the other one but i don'y know how to do that. Sorry you are having problems i am sure someone on here will offer some advise , i am not well up on the hh6 or any other for that matter! 

It sounds like you have done all the right things so far , i have just added my Bluray via wps button and connected no probs', i added everything else individually 1 thing at a time with the password key. Have you tried a Hub  re'start?

Hope you get sorted. 

0 Ratings
greenkr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Network printer (ethernet) won't work with Home Hub 6

Go to solution

Just 'upgraded' to Home Hub 6 from HH5. Now my network printer - HP Laserjet 1505N, connected via ethernet - won't work. My PCs won't print, the web interface won't connect. The printer test page won't print with the ethernet cable connected, but it works normally with the cable disconnected. Exactly the same with a second HH6 BT sent. Printer worked fine with the HH5 I've been using up to now, and with the HH4 I used before getting Infinity. The PCs and the printer (all fixed IP addresses) are connected via a switch, with a single patch lead going to the Home Hub. I have disabled Smart Setup. Printer does not appear in My Devices.

I can't see this issue mentioned elsewhere on the forums, can anyone offer any advice please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Re: Network printer (ethernet) won't work with Home Hub 6

Go to solution

Have you tried setting it up again as though it was a first time install. It may be that it is now seeing the Smarthub as a new network.

0 Ratings
greenkr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
The printer is not that smart, it can only by configured via the web interface which is not working! I tried factory-resetting it but made no difference, could see the printer vianweb interface as soon as I reconnected the HH5.
0 Ratings
greenkr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Tried restarting the hub with the printer turned on, no change unfortunately.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

If I have read your post correctly, the printer is working OK by wireless?

Have you tried connecting it directly rather than going through the switch.

0 Ratings
greenkr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

The printer does not have wifi, it's ethernet only.

The printer and the PCs are in a different room from the hub so can't connect it directly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

It is possible that the Smarthub is not giving out an IP address to the printer.  I think there have been reports that some  Smarthubs try  to issue two devices the same IP.

Have you tried switching off all your connected devices, both wired and wireless and then turn on only the printer to see if will connect to the hub. If it does, introduce your devices one at a time to see what happens.

0 Ratings
bringbackmono
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Forget HH6 altogether......I had the same trouble as you and spent ages getting nowhere...I switched back to my HH5 and all is well and has stayed that way....Cheers, Paul....
0 Ratings