cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: Home hub 6 not so smart

Hi, this is my first post to this forum, so I hope you will be patient with me if I am just repeating what others have already posted. I have had BT Infinity and a new hh6 for a week now. The good news is that I am getting my expected speed and wired connections are working fine. WiFi is a major headache however. Sonos speakers are no longer working and Sonos support tell me there are connectivity issues between hh6 and their speakers. Chromecast dongle is no longer working, have tried suggested fixes but no joy. I have a number of android phones and tablets which work well when they are in the close vicinity of the hh6, but there are frequent disconnections in other parts of the house, and this is something I did not experience with hh5. I apologise for bringing just problems and no solutions to this forum, wish I had some good news. Fingers crossed these issues will be addressed, otherwise the hh5 is coming back out of its box.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Just put the HH5 back then. The HH6 is nothing special even when it works, which doesn't appear to be very often. Don't believe all the marketing carp.

0 Ratings
Dettybo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Honestly DON'T bother with the HH6.  We tried EVERYTHIING even getting a new HH6 that still had connectivity/range/wifi problems.  A lot of older gadgets do not connect with HH6 because it's too new and too incompatible.  When we had our SkyQ fitted we were told it probably wouldn't work with the HH6.  We just connected it via a cable.  Give up on the HH6 until BT realise that they are selling a crock of poo because despite me talking to BT many times they just couldn't fix it.  We bought a netgear router that has been in for two weeks and the speeds are excellent and connectivity amazing (as long as grumpy teenager isn't fiddling with it!).  BT have a monopoly and are misselling the HH6 with every advert (btw have you seen the gorgeous Ryan Reynolds hanging from a helicopter recently, where has that advert gone?) DON'T DO IT!

Things the HH6 is useful for:

Bookend

Doorstop

Table mat

Ornamental black box that can be decorated with glitter to make it prettier

Things the HH6 is NOT useful for:

Connectivity

Range

WiFi

ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE INTERNET

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Many thanks, looks like my HH5 is coming out of its box!
0 Ratings